Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines (Like Google, Yahoo Search Engine, MSN (Bing), Alta Vista, ASK etc.).
Organizations in the past were satisfied with their pretty looking and content rich websites and web pages. However, it was soon understood by companies worldwide that a website was not enough. It needed to be promoted to improving user visibility.
The key steps followed during implementation of an SEO are as follows –
- Website and Web Pages Analysis
- Target Market Identification in Coordination with the Client
- Keywords/Key Descriptions, Meta Keywords etc.
- Selection & Focus on various Global Search Engines (like Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AltaVista etc.).
- Directories Submissions(Online & Offline)
- Web Pages Optimization based SEO Rules (content, design, programming code & hyperlinks optimization)
- Directories Submissions to number of Search Engines, Directories and Web Blogs
- Reporting and Web/Traffic/SEO Analytics
- Web Analytics/Google Keywords/Ad Words/Web Blogging/Google AdSense etc.